Enhancing Employee Road Safety
Every day thousands of workers in British Columbia drive while they're on the job - not only couriers and truck drivers but also sales people, homecare workers, utility workers and countless others. Employers have responsibilities to keep their respective workplaces safe, even if that workplace is a car, light-duty truck or big rig. You can reduce your organization's road safety risk by following these five key steps to enhance employee road safety:
1. Obtaining senior management commitment to safety improvements
2. Reviewing the organization's current situation
3. Identifying risks and hazards relating to the driving, vehicles and journeys
4. Developing risk mitigation strategies
5. Producing an action plan to reduce or eliminate motor vehicle incidents
For more details, please see Road Safety at Work by WorkSafeBC (2012).
Tia Chisholm, HUB International TRANSPORTATION
HUB International TRANSPORTATION specialists are based in Vancouver. Our longstanding relationships with the best providers in the business allow us to deliver the solution that serves you best. With HUB, you can run your business knowing that you are headed in the right direction.