Reduce the Risk of Back Injury
Truck driving carries with it a number of risks, both short- and long-term. One of the risks drivers may not consider is back injury.
Sitting for long periods of time, as many truck drivers do, puts stress on the lower back. Drivers can reduce their risk of injury by following a few simple steps, including:
- Adjust the seat to recline the backrest past 90 degrees
- Adjust the hydraulic features to prevent the seat from bottoming out
- Make sure you can comfortably reach the controls while driving
- Adjust mirrors so you can see them without slouching or twisting
- Use steps and handrails when leaving the cab
- Try to limit continuous sitting to 2 hours
To view a short video created by WorkSafe BC for more information and tips, go to Ergonomics For Truckers.
Tia Chisholm, HUB International TRANSPORTATION
HUB International TRANSPORTATION specialists are based in Vancouver. Our longstanding relationships with the best providers in the business allow us to deliver the solution that serve you best. With HUB, you can run your business knowing that you are headed in the right direction.