Spring Road Conditions begin in Western Canada
This weekend marks the end of winter weight season and the beginning of spring road conditions on many highways across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and BC. Some dates to take note of include:
- Manitoba Zone 1 Spring Road Restrictions: 6 am, Friday, March 13, to 11:59 pm, May 31, 2015
- Manitoba Zone 2 Spring Road Restrictions: 6 am, Monday, March 16, to 11:59 pm, May 31, 2015
- Saskatchewan Winter Weight Season ends at 12:01 am on Friday, March 13, 2015 on the highways named in this Government of Saskatchewan Order
- Alberta's current list of road bans can be viewed via this Alberta transportation link, or you can call 1-855-ROADBAN (1-855-762-3226) for provincial highways information
- BC's seasonal load restrictions regarding spring runoff is available by region on this Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure page, which also allows you to sign up for direct alerts by e-mail
For more information about spring road conditions across Western Canada, please see MB, SK, AB, BC: Spring Road Restrictions by the BC Trucking Association (March 12, 2015).
Tia Chisholm, HUB International TRANSPORTATION
HUB International TRANSPORTATION specialists are based in Vancouver. Our longstanding relationships with the best providers in the business allow us to deliver the solution that serve you best. With HUB, you can run your business knowing that you are headed in the right direction.