Updated Commercial Transport Policy Manual now available
A revised version of the Commercial Transport Procedures Manual is now available through the Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement website.
While most changes are administrative in nature, a few changes of note include:
- Chapter 4.2.7.A – A new category for garden sheds and tiny homes travelling less than 110 km while being transported as loads on trailers has been added.
- Chapter 4.2.7.A – Intermodal containers with sides may be transported end to end, in a two- or three-vehicle combination, provided the specific conditions outlined are met.
- Chapter 5.3.8.F – Tandem steer/tandem drive axle weights have been increased, but are still limited by Note #3.
- Chapter 5.3.12.B and 5.3.12.C – Highboys are now allowed to be 3.2 m wide for non-reducible loads only, with the same terms as lowbeds under 5.3.12.A.
- Chapter 6.3.2.C - Term Axle Overweight (TRAX) Permit, empty heavy haul configurations.
- Chapter 6.3.3.C - Lower Mainland Secondary Routes (85 Tonnes) added: Golden Ears connector from the junction of Highway 17 to the junction Golden Ears Way.
Source: Update - Commercial Transport Policy Manual by BC Trucking Association, October 6 2017.