Programs & Services
HUB International TRANSPORTATION is Canada’s leader in Transportation Insurance. We are the biggest supplier of insurance solutions for:
- Commercial Fleets
- Bus/Motor Coach Operators
- Household Goods Movers
- Owner Operators and Lease Operators
We have been providing skilled risk management services to our Transportation clients since 1956. Our Transportation team is backed by the vast global resources and solid local relationships of HUB International.
The ever changing worlds of transportation require specialized insurance products and packages, and sound advice from insurance professionals who understand your industry. Business practices in transportation today often require protection for Freight Forwarders and Load Brokers, Contingent Cargo exposures and non owned auto. Our HUB International TRANSPORTATION specialists understand the risks your company faces and can be your biggest asset in protecting what you have worked so hard to build.
What We Insure…
We are here to give you the best coverage, best value and best service and to do everything we can to protect and support your TRANSPORTATION business, from the largest fleet to a single truck.
- Physical Damage
- Primary Third Party Liability
- Excess and/or Umbrella Liability
- Motor Truck Cargo and Ocean Marine Cargo
- Environmental Liability
- Non Owned Auto and Non Owned Trailer
- Errors and Omissions for Freight Forwarders and Freight Brokers
- Contingent Cargo
- Commercial General Liability
- Warehouseman’s Legal Liability
- Property Insurance for your offices and terminals
What We Offer...
We are proud to offer the best service on the best products available in TRANSPORTATION insurance.
As your business partner, our primary mission is to provide you with exceptional customer service and the best value for your premium dollar. Our specialists focus on helping balance your needs with cost effective programs that provide unique coverage and superior protection. Our goal is to help you understand what coverage will best serve you and to, where necessary, point out the icy roads of what are often comprehensive and thus complex policies.
Special Program for Movers of Household Goods
If you're a mover of household goods, ask us about our exclusive program with one of Canada’s largest and most trusted insurers.
Our Claims Department
At HUB International TRANSPORTATION, we pride ourselves in serving as your advocate when it comes to claims. We ensure that claims are adjusted and settled in a fair, equitable and timely fashion. Our experienced claims staff is second to none, with dedicated claims professionals offering assistance and guidance in bringing claims to a speedy resolution.
Our claims department works to:
- Act as liaison between your firm and the insurer
- Develop claims-handling guidelines with the insurer on your behalf
- Establish procedures for the reporting of claims and suits
- Monitor claims that are of special significance to your firm
- Assist in the resolution of coverage issues
- Advocate prompt and fair settlement practices
- Assist in evaluating settlement proposals
- Propose structured settlements and developing proposals
- Review claims to determine the need for reporting to excess underwriters
- Assist in resolving conflicts between primary and excess carriers
- Report losses to the proper insurance carrier arranging for a prompt inspection by the adjuster
- Assist you in the proper method of presenting a claim after details are accumulated
- Discuss coverage with you and the insurer, providing opinions regarding interpretation
- Ensure prompt payment of the claim upon settlement
- Be available 24/7 to handle after hour emergency claims
SCOPE OF SERVICES
HUB International TRANSPORTATION deploys our holistic approach in serving the needs of our client carriers and operators. We act as your insurance broker, consultant and risk management advisor. Some of the specific services we offer include:
- Assess your risk exposures developing and implementing your insurance program and ultimately securing coverage;
- Advise you of trends and changes in the insurance marketplace;
- Review polices and respond to your questions as they relate to all insurance matters including, but not limited to, contract review, insurance coverage and risk mitigation;
- Review insurance certificates and insurance requirements
- Assist with claims reporting procedures to insurers and manage claims to conclusion;
- Attend all meetings as requested.
PROPERTY & CASUALTY INSURANCE
- Property – Ensuring your buildings have appropriate cover;
- Business Interruption – Safeguarding the ongoing success of your operation;
- Crime – protecting your property and funds from third party theft as well as from internal Employee Dishonesty;
- Casualty – Ensuring that your company and employees are adequately protected from litigation. Claims can arise from “slip and trip” exposures on your premises to property damage caused to others, and at other premises;
- Tenants Legal Liability – providing coverage to leased premises;
- Equipment Breakdown, including Consequential Loss to refrigerated property;
- Pollution exposures.