Tips to Prevent Cargo & Equipment Theft
Cargo thieves are always looking for easy targets - unlocked gates are easily opened, and dark parking lots offer plenty of places to hide. But these kinds of crooks can often be discouraged by fleets that adopt a few simple crime prevention strategies:
1. Lock Up The Keys
2. Ask Questions When A Deal Seems Too Good To Be True
3. Secure The Fleet Yard As Well As The Trucks
4. Lock And Seal The Trailers
5. Encourage The Buddy System - Someone Should Always Be Watching The Freight
6. Protect Your Identity
7. Review Document Contents And Ensure It Is An Original
8. Remain Vigilant - Check Mirrors Regularly For Vehicles Tailing, Especially With Valuable Cargo
9. Follow Your Instincts
For more information on the above tips and techniques, please see Locks, Keys and Better Security by Northbridge Insurance (May 3, 2012).
Tia Chisholm, HUB International TRANSPORTATION
HUB International TRANSPORTATION specialists are based in Vancouver. Our longstanding relationships with the best providers in the business allow us to deliver the solution that serve you best. With HUB, you can run your business knowing that you are headed in the right direction.